Important for All Presenters
The ACES 2021 Conference is planned for in person presentations and attendance, with a virtual attendance option. The Board, the Conference Coordinators, and the Hyatt Atlanta are staying up to date on Georgia's social distancing, masking, and vaccine regulations. Everyone is hopeful that the situation with COVID variants is stable come October.
For sessions, at least one presenter must attend the conference in person. There is not an option for remote presentation. No session will be cancelled if some presenters cannot attend. There will be wifi in the conference area, but we cannot guarantee the bandwidth and availability for virtual presenters to join the session.
ACES 2021 Presenter Guidelines COVID Cleaning
The Hyatt will be sanitizing all rooms in between sessions. As a result it is important that sessions end on time and all overflow conversations after your presentation be taken outside of the session room.
Education, Career-Focused, and Panel Sessions
- Screens and projectors will be provided in each room.
- HDMI connection cables will be provided to connect laptops to projectors. Your computer should have an HDMI output or you will need to bring an adapter or “dongle” (Mac users).
- Presenters are responsible for bringing their own laptop, chargers, clickers, speakers, and any computer adapters/dongles to connect their computer to the projector.
- Boards will be provided for poster presentations. The dimensions are 4 feet high by 8 feet wide.
- Presenters are responsible for printing and providing their posters.
- Although push pins will be provided, you may want to bring some as “back up” if your poster presentation is later in the conference
- Presenters are responsible for any hard copy handouts they wish to provide to participants. There are print services available at the conference hotel (for a fee), yet we recommend you bring any hard copies with you to save time and money.
- Please begin and end your session on time. Education sessions are 50 minutes long, Panel Discussions are 80 minutes long and Posters are 30 minutes long. There is 25 minutes scheduled in between each session for room sanitization.
- Take all of your materials (e.g., handouts) and personal effects (e.g., notes, trash) with you when you leave. Be sure to check for peripherals you might have brought with you (e.g., clicker, charger).
- Due to social distancing requirements the room arrangement cannot be changed. Please plan to facilitate your session with the theatre seating arrangement.
If you would like to request any ADA accommodations for your presentation, please send an email to Kelley Mautz, Accommodations Chairperson, email@example.com. In your email, please state your presentation title, the day and time of your presentation, and the accommodation(s) you are requesting. Please note, this is for presentation accommodations only.
Accommodations for the rest of the conference can be indicated on your conference registration form or by contacting Robin Lee, Registration Chairperson: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Important Information
- As you agreed to when you submitted your proposal, no changes to your presentation day/time can be made.
- No requests will be honored to have your sessions on a particular day/time
- Individuals can be listed on two peer-reviewed presentations only. If a person is listed on more than two presentations, the presentation is subject to cancellation.
Thank you for your time and participation in ACES. As always, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have.
Korinne Babel PhD, LPC, CPCS, NCC, RPT-S
Assistant Conference Coordinator